Vietti Barolo Brunate 2018

Non-Member Price: 

$329.47 SGD

95 points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, July 2022

With fruit from La Morra, the mid-weight 2018 Barolo Brunate shows a pretty softness and a delicate side with dried rose, lilac and blue flower. The wine completes malolactic fermentation in barrique and is later moved into large oak casks for aging. This dual oak treatment is part of Vietti's secret recipe for producing the silky tannins and fine texture you taste here. A production of 4,493 bottles, the wine is recognized by that distinctive aromatic finale of licorice and balsam herb.

Vietti is one of the most dynamic wineries in the appellation. Starting with the 2019 vintage, the entire production of Barolo and Barbera is certified organic. This set of new releases comes with three big surprises. There are three new wines in their inaugural release: the single-vineyard Barolo Cerequio (with fruit from La Morra), the Barolo Monvigliero from Verduno and the Barbaresco Masseria, now entirely made with fruit from Roncaglie. The Monvigliero is a wine of special interest as it is made with 60% whole cluster fruit in collaboration with colleagues over at Borgogna. I also recently read that Luca Currado Vietti actually created a shared investment in Monvigliero in 2018 (for an 8,000-square meter plot in the MGA) with a group of 10 American investors. Luca could not buy the property outright, but under the terms of the shared agreement, the investor group retains 45% of the production each year, released under the Vietti label, and Luca is left with the remaining 55%. The question is: What will he do with his share of that precious fruit?

Monica Larner

From cellar-to-cellar, or cellar to shelf, we maintain the highest standards, thanks to close relationships with the finest producers of wine across the globe, ensuring authenticity.

We maintain strict, direct, temperature- controlled delivery from the cellar to the customer, guaranteeing the integrity of each vintage’s character and flavor profile.

Our curated collection prioritizes provenance and secure wine handling from start to finish. We deeply understand and appreciate the craft, passion and time that is dedicated to produce each bottle, and we honor it by respecting the factors that influence a wine’s ideal maturation. When you purchase a bottle from Wines of Kings, we guarantee the following:

  • Bottle claim integrity (zero fraudulence)
  • Direct sourcing
  • Minimal handling
  • Consistent environment regulated cellaring
  • Optimal temperature and humidity regulated storage
  • Storage free of light and vibration
membership-icon

BECOME A MEMBER

Receive a free member exclusive gift. Membership benefits include 15% off select bottles, 5% off all orders, free shipping on orders over $600, and access to our wine concierge.

OUR PROMISE

WHY TRUST US?

thousands of happy clients

Our reputation is the only thing that matters to us. Our clients trust us because we never fail to deliver value.

Worldwide shipping

Non-members: Free Shipping on orders over $1,200. Learn more here.

For Members: Free Shipping on orders over $600. Standard Shipping: $69 Flat Rate.

ACCESS TO SOMMELIERS

Email us at hello@winesofkings.com. Or book a time to speak with a sommelier here!

Trusted by the sommeliers around the world

A UNIQUE APPROACH

Wines of Kings is a US-registered wine importer and online wine store, offering a curated selection of high-end European wines. We are devoted to the direct sourcing, handling, importing, sale, and delivery of some of the most sought-after and beloved wines in the world - selected carefully for their quality, vintage and terroir.


From cellar-to-cellar, or cellar to shelf, we maintain the highest standards, thanks to close relationships with the finest producers of wine across the globe, ensuring authenticity.


We maintain strict, direct, temperature- controlled delivery from the cellar to the customer, guaranteeing the integrity of each vintage’s character and flavor profile.

OUR STORY

FOUNDERS AND BACKGROUND

Founders Marco Prete and Cristina Fragni have spent a lifetime in close contact with the top European winemakers and cellar masters, and have spent decades on their shared passion for learning, tasting, and even assisting in the production of fine wines.


After relocating to NYC in 2013, they found that many of their favorite vintages were not available in the US. Inspired by a lack of available inventory on the usual channels, they decided that it was essential to them personally and professionally to create a bespoke, world-class collection of fine wines available for US import.


The Wines of Kings collection of exquisite wines reflects the founders’ obsession with premium wines that are made authentically.

CONTACT US DIRECTLY

AS SEEN IN